AVIC411.com

F900BT - Firmware 2.0 Problem - Black Screen on Boot

So I've installed the new firmware per the instructions. When my unit rebooted after successfully installing, it flashed the pioneer screen, and then it all went black.

Per the instructions, I have tried all the variations of resetting the unit. Holding the reset button 5+ seconds, holding reset button & eject button 5+ secs, holding the eject button.... etc. etc.

Here's the weird part: When my unit boots, and then goes black, after about 20 seconds or so, I can press the Map button, which takes me to the disclaimer, and then i can do everything with my system.

Also weird: if I do the above, and play the radio, the next time I boot, the screen is and stays black, but the music will play. Black screen doesn't go away until I do the above.

Has anyone had this problem? I see almost nothing but success in the other 2.0 threads....

Thanks!

need to update the bluetooth , use the update firmware v.2, after that will ok.

I have installed both the Firmware 2.0 AND the Bluetooth update 3.3...........

thalladay, when you were updating it, were you driving or did you open the door?

Nope, I was in my truck parked, no doors opened, in Accessory mode.

After playing with it some more, I have a hunch that I've messed it up by trying to play video files. It doesn't seem to like any of the MP4 / MPEG2 / WMV's that I've tried to play off my SD card. After trying to play various files, it gets less and less responsive, and now can't exit the black screen unless I hard reset the unit.....

• 2 months later...

Did anyone else get this same problem since updating to the 2.0 firmware? I haven't sent it back to pioneer yet, it's been a lazy winter. But I still have the problem.

If I press the magic combo of map + menu 1 in 4 times I can get the screen to come back on and everything is normal (for the duration of the power being on in the car for that trip).

Very frustrating, and I don't see any similar experiences in the forums....