AVIC411.com

Thought my downloaded 80MT discs were good... thought wrong!

I downloaded the first run of 80MT discs jlong posted up a couple months ago. Burnt to dual layer great and updated great. My D3 seemed to be running perfect. I was able to pull up recent destinations and select them again to navigate to there again. I was able to pull up a full vicinity search and scan anything fine. However tonight I ran into an issue. When doing an "address search", I begin to type in the house number and as soon as I press ok, the D3 locks up. Display goes blank, but music continues to play. The menu and map buttons do not function during this time. After about 5 minutes, the D3 will act like it's doing a system update and then eventually come back to the map. If you attempt to enter the address again, it will lock up again. Or if you cycle power after the error, it will go through the system update and come back to the map a little quicker. If you just eject the disc, it will display the "insert proper disc" text and refuse to do anything until you put the disc back in. I have attempted to put in the genuine 70MT map disc, but it will not accept it. It checks the disc and then forces me to put the 80MT disc in.

Anyone know what's going on? Is there a problem with my D3? Error with the discs? Anyone know how I can roll back the firmware update so I can just use my genuine 70MT discs? Also, downloading the newest editions of 80MT discs from jlong now. Maybe these "true" copies will not have this problem. :cry:

I downloaded the newest ones for my n3, and they work perfect, even just tried adding in the address like you mentioned... worked flawlessly. I have been making copies of these discs for other members and have had nothing but positive comments about them...

Try the new ones, then consider it might be your unit itself.

Where did you download the new one from?

I download the same one as the orginal post and my system is messed now.

It did the update... Worked great. I then shut my truck down and started it about 5 hours later.... I get the following message and I can't do anything on the radio

"Please eject the disc and insert the appropriate disc again."

Any help?

Whit