AVIC411.com

Downgrade Instructions for D2??

Hey guys I got the Please eject Disc and insert appropriate disc.

I need to know the procedure to downgrade?

I have looked for 2 hours in the search and can't find it anywhere.

Does one exist?

I have pressed the reset button but all it does is turn t he unit off and close the screen and the restart and return the same message as above.

Please help thanks guys!

Whit

I'm looking for the exact same thing - I've upgraded to the CDMT80 disc and although it worked for ~1 week, now I can't get maps for anything closer than .5 miles and until someone can tell my why, I'd love to go back to my CDMT70 disc, but it won't take it. There has to be a way to swap discs and tell the D2 to rebuild it's system from the older disc. Can anyone help? Maybe a maintainence menu of some sort?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you man - I've got a nav system that is more or less useless and nobody here can explain how to get to the previous version (which would be a decent solution) or why the upgraded disk isn't working (which would be even better). I know it's not impossible because there was about a week after I upgraded where everything worked fine. I can burn more disks but if it was going to work, the three or four I've tried would probably have done it.