AVIC411.com

Multiple problems/questions: F90BT

Hi, I've been browsing this forum for information and tips since I knew that I would get a F90BT :D

Received it, installed it. Works somehow well, but a few questions/issue have poped up:

1. Bypass

I have done the bypass via hardware. I've grounded the parking brake wire. It did not work with that alone. I then changed the yellow/black wire on connector AND grounded it. It worked one time for about 30min from my home to a friend's house. When I left my friend's house, I set the GPS to find another friend's house. After that, the bypass stopped working :? It simply says that the PB wire is not well installed. I've verified twice and it is tapped onto the radio harness' ground wire.

FIXED using the software bypass

2. Contact voice dialing

The unit simply won't recognize any of my contacts ! I've transfered 83 contacts successfully. While some of them have special characters and are french name, I would have been okay with 30-40% of them not been recognize. But even names like Marc or Martin are not :( I can use TTS for music control and even dial numbers. But no contact :( Is there some sort of training to do ? I've tested all sort of combination:

Call Marc

Call Marc home

Call Marc at home

Call Marc mobile

etc..

Nothing works :(

3. Multiple calls

If I'm currently talking to someone and I get another phone call. The sound turns off and I have no control anymore. I must use my phone, and switch the source back to it in order to use it.

---

Setup:

F90BT 2.0.

Subaru Impreza WRX 07.

SD card 2GB with songs and videos always in.

iPhone 2.1 firwmare (not 3G).

Any help/tips would be appreciated :D

I already have my contacts sorted by First, Last names :?

I'm must also add that, when I plug my iPhone and sync the music, the VR does not recognize phrase like:

Play the album Phobia

Play the artist Three Days Grace

No album, artist, genre, etc.. is recognized by the VR :(

I did set the VR catalog at ON when I synced for the first time. Since then it been OFF. Should I always leave it ON ??

Well it may be how you're saying the voice commands.

Now for the voice commands, don't jump the gun, wait for the VC alert and speak in a clear normal and deliberate tone of voice, don't yell, speak very quickly or mumble. For instance I'll say, "play the genre"...pause a moment..."rock"

Once you get the pace down, it should do a decent job. It isn't perfect and for certain words it just can't understand me but it works well enough for me most of the time.

Or could be a microphone placement issue, you try moving it to see if it helps at all.

Ok for the bypass, I've just done the software way WITH SUCCES ! So thats that.

As for the VR.. it cannot be a microphone issue because it recognize the NUMBERS when I compose via phone numbers. Even if I speak rapidly or not loud, it gets the number accurately every time.

Why doesn't it recognize the contact names and ipod genre, artist and such ????

Seem to me like a bug or something with the VR catalog.

I've reset the unit, turned on the VR Catalog, re-imported the contacts but still no luck :(

I know its not my pronunciation, I've had a perfectly bilingual friend trying without success.. I've tried more than 50 time now... with different tones and phrases... There's got to be something wrong :( It makes a 700$ unit not worth that much. :?

hmmm, well I'm glad you got the bypass working.

Lets isolate the problem, try this, give one of your albums a simple numerical name like Four. Try to get that to play. Also reboot your ipod and redo the VR catalog while you're at it.

If it works, then it's how you're pronouncing things is an issue. If it doesn't then there may be a defect in the HU.

Just turn the VR cataloging back on under AV settings and then access your ipod it should go through your ipod music once again, if not reboot the Avic then it will do it automatically. You'll definitely need to do if you're changing album names.

Hey no problem, my avic F90bt works beautifully now, because of this board, lets try to get yours fully functional.

Edit. I just saw you have an SD card always in your Avic.

Try it with the SD card removed, reduce the variables, it really shouldn't affect it but some, myself included, an SD card makes aspects of the unit not function right.

Update: I redid the VR Catalog and it helped with the iPod control. I'm now able access Albums, Artists and such by using the TTS.

Still no luck for the Contacts name tough :( Is there anyway to redo the VR Catalog for the contacts ? I left it ON all weekend long but still no luck.

I also tried without the SD Card, did not change anything.