AVIC411.com

Blackberry+BTB200+D3 call waiting problem

I have seen a few posts here and there about an issue that is annoying me as well.

I am using the btb200 with avic d3 and blackberry curve 8330 on telus mobility.

If I am on a call, and I receive another call, the d3 rings constantly without allowing me to accept or ignore the new call. Inititally thought this may be my bt unit but its not. I have tried a Rogers blackberry pearl 8100 and was successfully able to used call waiting with my D3 without problems.

This lead me to investigate further. It seems that the Telus/Verizon versions of blackberries are missing some BT profiles like DUN/OPP/SPP etc which their GSM counterparts such as AT&T include. Why this is im not sure. Someone also posted a list of BT profiles that Pioneer recommends a phone should have to be fully compatible and it seems these Blackberries on CDMA providers in North america dont have them.

there does not appear to be away to get these profiles on the CDMA curves/pearls.

Also it is confirmed that the bus cables are wired correctly, as all other normal calling functions work.

Anyone find a way around this???

I had the same problem with my D3...I ended up turning off the ringer on the D3...You really don't need it anyway...If your listening to the radio and the phones rings the sound will just cut out and you know you have an incoming call.

As for the bluetooth profiles mine worked fine until I upgraded my BB software to 4.5.0.97...Now i am unable to upload my phonebook...Before, i was able to do it without a problem...Ohh well...i never dial from my radio anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

I solve the problem, I changed phones.

After extensive research it seems BB curves and pearls on Verizon and Telus are affected by this. Even after an upgrade to 4.5OS on the BB it still did not resolve the issue.

So I switch to HTC Diamond with Jetware Mobile installed, and issue is now resolved

• 1 year later...
I had the same problem with my D3...I ended up turning off the ringer on the D3...You really don't need it anyway...If your listening to the radio and the phones rings the sound will just cut out and you know you have an incoming call.

As for the bluetooth profiles mine worked fine until I upgraded my BB software to 4.5.0.97...Now i am unable to upload my phonebook...Before, i was able to do it without a problem...Ohh well...i never dial from my radio anyway...

Had the same problem with my iPhone....just turn off the ringer on the D3