AVIC411.com

D3 Downgraded, No Navigation??

Hello,

I just had my D3 installed in my Lexus IS250, total custom job...Never had issues w/D3 installed in my 350Z or my 4Runner...the Nav was off at 1st so I reset the information stored in memory (Speed Pulse, etc) & then upgraded to the 2008 maps..it was working for a few days & then stopped completely (the navigation part, my XM, Bluetooth & rear camera all work correctly still) I wasn't able to use the older maps & couldn't get the Navigation to work at all. Attempted to reset the unit several different times & it never changed. Was just frozen in one position. I ordered the remote (CD-R55, I believe) & was able to perform a downgrade to the 2007 maps but it showed me being in like Brooklyn (I was actually in North Jersey) & it wouldn't move at all...I'm only getting 1 satelite but I was only getting 1 when it was working...it will not change position at all...the shop that did the install said they hooked up the VSS correctly but when I go to Vehicle Dynamics, I get the "This Function is not available now" message..everytime the car starts up, I get the Start Navigation screen & the "This unit features a storefront mode..." message...is there anything I need to do to configure this when you 1st start it up? I have no idea what to do & it's driving me crazy!!

dam, glad i didnt install it for ya this time :D

I probably wouldn't have the problems I do now if you did...If I can't get this figured out, I'll be picking up an F series or a Z series & you'll definitely be getting a call from me to see if you're up for another install :wink:

The hard parts already done w/my car, there is even fabricated fiberglass to make it look cleaner...do you know if the F series & Z series are the same dimensions as the D series?

• 3 weeks later...