AVIC411.com

Newbie Hack questions

Looking into the possibility of getting a F700BT or F900BT and had a few questions dealing with hacks:

1) What "brand" is the native GPS software?

2) Why do people run TomTom or Garmin GPS software? Is this just to get access to more voices (TomTom), better interface or just because you can?

3) Where do you get TomTom or Garmin software? Is this purchased?

3) When you switch to different GPS software does it still integrate with the other functions in the normal way?

3) Is Windows CE the native OS? (And the trick is getting access for other programs or is it just a different OS that happens to run on the Pioneer hardware?)

A lot of questions I know but I am a newbie to all of this and had no idea that so much customization was possible so now I am very intrigued.

Thanks in advance!

1. The brand is iGo but it's skinned and customized by Pioneer.

2. iGo has several annoying problems, like bad 2D view, poor TTS etc.

3. You can either purchase it legally or download it illegally. The choice is yours really.

4. Not exactly. LeetLauncher does its best to make it seamless, but it's not that easy. Different GPS programs have different integration problems. Look at LeetLauncher post for more details.

5. Yes. Avic units run Windows CE 5.0 natively on an ARM processor. The TestMode trick just prevents the Pioneer shell from loading on startup.