AVIC411.com

F90BT in 2007 MkV GTI

Connects2 is a low cost option that works the best. Their adapter was barely released last year for my car, 06 A3. It should cost around 70-80 shipped to U.S. and takes around 5-10 days depending how close you are to the UK. Everything is plug and play. The only thing you need additional is a wiring harness that you plug into the Connects2 unit and solder on to the Pioneer HU wiring harness. I've used the Metra 70-1784, since it has all the wires I need. Just solder on the Pioneer harness, as if you're doing a regular install, and plug the connector to the Connects2 connector. Their is a Main connector on the Connects2 as well that is to be plugged in the OEM harness connector. Depending on what kind of connector you have for OEM (FAKRA/ISO in Audi models), you would choose the appropriate one. It's so simple. Not to mention the connects2 is already wired for OEM VSS, Reverse Brake, and Illumination. ALL PLUG N PLAY, even the ground is PLUG n PLAY!!!!! not unusual, but still.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the install and it was super easy. You just need to connect the wires from the connect2 to the appropriate wires on your stereo's harness and plug everything in. Running the wire for the F90BT microphone was much more of a pain by comparison. The whole install took less than 45 minutes and that included cleaning up some of the shoddy work from the stereo shop that installed my D3. I'm glad I did it myself this time.

awesome i am moving my f90bt from my truck to my income Tiguan. The connect 2 sounds like a awesome option and the best thing is that my sisters fiance is from UK and he is coming in 3 weeks. no shipping there. I dont remember what the bottons are on the steering wheel what is on the left and the right. also did you need an antenna adapter for the install. if so where did you get it from.

awesome i am moving my f90bt from my truck to my income Tiguan. The connect 2 sounds like a awesome option and the best thing is that my sisters fiance is from UK and he is coming in 3 weeks. no shipping there. I dont remember what the bottons are on the steering wheel what is on the left and the right. also did you need an antenna adapter for the install. if so where did you get it from.

You will need a powered antenna adapter for any VW install. I picked up a Metra from a local stereo shop. You should be able to find one at enfig.com as well. How do you like your Tiguan? I'm thinking about one when I finally am ready to part with my GTI. I'm holding out for the DSG transmission. Its either that or a MkVI GTI R20. If VW finally brought over a TDI Tiguan I'd really be sold.

I am installing this in my rabbit and am about to wire the Pac CR2 VW harness. Since I do not have steering wheel controls that is all I needed. My question is how does the harness wire up? I looked at the PDF on there site and got myself rather confused. Any 08 VW Rabbit owners care to help me out on that. I am sure the OP's wiring for that module is that same so if he wants to chime in that would be awesome.