AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT buy or not?

I bought the 90BT off ebay a few weeks ago despite the negative reviews. I absolutely LOVE it. If this one is bad then I'd probably wreck enjoying the 'really good ones'! Honestly, I looked at and played with Kenwoods (my only other choice) but the interface looked horrible. I always enjoyed my Garmin so I was drawn to the Garmin aspect of the Kenwoods but I just wanted the Pioneer. I figured I could always return it.

I haven't had a regret yet. AWESOME!

I take that back, I bought my 90BT without any thought as to the other Pioneer models. I could afford eBay's price on the 90BT so I got it. When my cousin saw mine he wanted one. When helping him buy one, I realized all the things I had overspent for:

1. DVD playback on the head unit...as a father of 3, I'm not gonna be watching DVD while driving. Not interested.

2. Premiere's have an additional year warranty...not if bought off eBay. You are better off buying a non-Premiere and with the money you save pick up a SquareTrade warranty,

I do love my AVIC though.

It is great my friend. I bought mine off Ebay. I found out that it was refurbished after I purchased it. Stupid notice at the bottom of the page.

I'm really happy with it! I installed it with my brother. Didn't take too long. I really believe that this is one of the better Nav units out there. Mods/hacks give it that edge above the rest. Great features all around and it'll get better with future firmware updates

Hacks so far:

-Software bypass

-Red button Route cancel

Work in progress:

-Byebye stupid Ding sounds hack

I would stay away from this buggy ass unit. I have one and I'm really disappointed. I'm considering putting my D3 back in my car so I can stay sane. I'm very tech savy and this unit is so buggy I can't make it do half the things that my D3 does (and be consistant) One time bluetooth works, then the next call call it's locking up for about a minute or so. Very buggy. AVOID