AVIC411.com

Changing the wording Preset 1 Preset 2 to something?

I have done a bunch of searching on this, and i havent found anything. i am sure it is there somewhere, but i cant find it.

I have a sirius radio, and i know the limitations around the display etc. i can deal with that. What i would like is to edit the text on the presets where it says Preset 1, Preset 2 etc for all three bands to be what i want... like instead of the button saying Preset 1 to instead say ESPNRadio, Preset 2 is FoxNews etc.

Once i set my presets, i really dont change them, but its hard as hell remembering what is preset on each of the 3 bands.

There has to be a file somewhere that defines these out, but not sure if they could be edited per band, or if you changed them, would it affect all 3 bands. thoughts??

thx in advance.

Wade

• 4 months later...

I would also like to do something similar: as my US unit doesn't have RDS (I live in Europe), there is no way in telling what is saved on each FM preset. Is there a way to rename Preset 1, Preset 2, etc to the name of the station? It's something that RDS does (or at least says the name of the station once one tunes to it).

Thank you.

I would also like to do something similar: as my US unit doesn't have RDS (I live in Europe), there is no way in telling what is saved on each FM preset. Is there a way to rename Preset 1, Preset 2, etc to the name of the station? It's something that RDS does (or at least says the name of the station once one tunes to it).

Thank you.

On the FM side of things, don't the buttons read "Preset 1 - 89.5"?

I'll admit also that I'd like to see the numbers change on the Sirius side of things....hey Pioneer, are you listening?....but I've also had pretty much the same 6 stations on the same presets since I got Sirius 6 years ago so remembering what's on what isn't the issue.