AVIC411.com

Installed in a Saab 9-2x (Subaru Impreza)

---pasting this from the saab92x.com forum...

Thanks for all of the information provided - I was able to stick the SiriusConnect device and the Pioneer Sirius adapter into the large area under the climate control. I simply used double sided tape to attach them to the left and to the right inside plastic (didn't want to put them on top of the factory amp, I don't know how hot it gets).

I also placed the Sirius and navigation antennas under the clock pod. If you're already installing a radio, I recommend just unscrewing the three screws at the base of the vents, removing them, then popping the clock pod up from underneath (pop out the rear first, then the front).

I removed the cupholder console area (4 screws) and drilled a hole in the cubby hole under the armrest for the iPod cable. I drilled a 3/4" hole which is perfect - I could push the RCA and USB cables from the inside of the cubby hole out through the hole but the hole isn't big enough for the dock connector to fall down. I may look into filling the hole with a rubber grommet just to make it look a bit more factory.

Anyway, the nav unit works great. I of course did the hardware bypass allowing me to watch videos and enter a nav address while the car is moving. It involves grounding the parking brake *and* moving a wire from one pin to another in the A/V wiring harness connector and grounding that as well. I did all that in the house before I even went into the car - I soldered and shrink wrapped every wire.

The microphone seems to work fine and stays put just hanging out of the top of the A pillar. I may move it to a hidden space behind the dash, in the steering column, or in the map light area for aesthetic reasons - it's visible and that bugs me.

The F90BT is a bit slow (I guess all of the aftermarket 'do it all' units are) and it really bugs me that pressing left and right on the selector knob while listening to Sirius or FM goes through channels/frequencies rather than presets - seems to be a common complaint - maybe Pioneer will fix that in firmware. Overall it seems to be a good unit, definitely worth the $500 or so I paid for it (ebay minus live.com cash back). The Sirius setup was another $120 or so.

I didn't take any installation pictures since nearly everything has been covered here and over at nasioc.com.

Finally, some pictures:

435175402_tVG3f-L.jpg

435175655_GHKae-L.jpg

435175516_MRimx-L.jpg

Antennas under here!

435175452_HA3eH-L.jpg

435175323_rxZQa-L.jpg

435175815_pjBRu-L.jpg

435176005_ZBFK5-L.jpg