AVIC411.com

Boxwave screen protectors are available

Hey everyone. About a month ago, I was looking for a screen protector for F90BT, but couldn't find one from a well-known brand. So I emailed Boxwave and after an automated ("thank you, we'll look into it" email), an actual human contacted me and said that if I measured the screen and send him the measurements, they'll start making them. They even sent me a template sticker to confirm the measurements.

You can find the screen protectors here:

http://dyn.boxwave.com/products/product ... submit.y=9

I haven't received mine yet, but if it doesn't fit, don't blame me :)

Dear nivanov,

Before I order I have two questions:

1- Did they send an anti glare or clear touch version. If anti glare does it make the screen look too dark?

2- Did it have an effect on the touch sensitivity. The keypresses are already unresponsive so I'm afraid to have a worst touch response.

Many thanks.

as I've mentioned before, I haven't received it yet, so I can't comment on anti-glare properties or touchscreen. I have same brand screen protector for my pda, and its great for reducing glare, but it makes the image just a tad bit duller (but a very tiny amount). For touchscreen, I actually find the texture of the screen protector better than the screen itself, its a bit less slick so you can make better and more accurate contact.

Thanks for the reply. But I'll still wait until you apply the incoming one. The main reason is there are two touch screen technologies available in the market. one is taking commands via pressure the other senses the minor electrical heat in human fingers (IPOD uses this technology for instance). In the latter one applying a skin can cause problems. I'm not sure which one of those our pioneer devices use. I think it should be the first one since we can use the stylus but I'll appreciate if you can share your findings with us before we spend money on the good and the shipping.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

They sent me an anti-glare one. I'm very satisfied with it - the fit is right, installation was pretty easy - just push out the bubbles. The touchscreen works just like before. The screen doesn't get any noticeably darker than without the screen protector, and you can just bump up the brightness in case it does for you. Anti-glare helps a bit, but don't hope for too much - in direct sunlight, the screen is still barely visible, but no screen protector is going to fix that.