AVIC411.com

Title text on Top Menu and other menu's... Where at?

Thank you to everyone who helped me with my theme's... I now have complete and working Iron Man, Metal Gear Solid and Star Wars themes.

I have attempted to find where the title text is for each menu page. I cannot find anywhere (I searched...) that states where these are. I have searched all of the files in the UI's.

I am trying to change the text for the TOP MENU, SETTINGS MENU,DESTINATION MENU, CONTACTS page, and AV Source page.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Terry

Im running in to some road blocks here and have spent the last hour searching the forum for help. If this has been asked/answered before, I am very sorry...

I was able to get the 3 main menu icons changed. I found the size of the original icons and created the new icons using the same size. They are .BMP's and for all specs seem to be the same as the originals, just different actual image.

I attempted to change the 4 settings icons and came across an issue that I cant get past. The icons are again the same size as the originals, there are 3 versions of each image (3x4) and all image names are correct.

I have attempted to put them in to the IMEGE.RES file individually, and as a copied/pasted group of 12 images. In both cases, when I swap the new IMEGE.RES file in, the Main Menu icons are now screwed up and the Settings icons are black.

The Main Menu icons consist of ONE of the settings icons in the Destination spot, and the Contacts and AV Source icons missing all together.

SO, I gave up on this and moved to the individual contacts icons. For this, there are again 3 version of 6 icons (6x3) for a total of 18 new images.

All images are the same size as the original, all are BMP's and the only difference in in the actual image.

Again I try to put these in to the IMAGE.RES file both individually and as a group, and the exact same thing happens. One of the images becomes the DESTINATION icon, and everything else is black.

Before I put the new images in to the IMAGE.RES file, I rename the originals with the suffix .BAK so that I can always go back to them. And in every occasion, simply reverting back to the original images has worked.

Any ideas, why changing an image on a different page would do this? And curiously, the icon that always ends up shown incorrectly is the DESTINATION icon.

I have uploaded my IMAGE.RES file to Rapidshare if someone would be so kind as to take a look at it I can PM the link to you.

T

Anyone? I have today gone and installed the original stock IMAGE.RES and was easily able to get the three main menu icons put in to it and working. But even starting from the original I have the same issue with the 4 settings icons and the 6 contacts icons.

I have the icons that I want to use... Would someone be willing to get them into an IMAGE.RES for me? Of course I would pay for this service...

T

Now before anyone lets me know that the icons arent as great as they could be... I KNOW! This was my very first attempt at using Photo Shop and where someone could probably make a much better icon in 5 minutes, each one of these that you see took me nearly an hour. SO, I plan to go back and make each of them a little better playing with shadows, transparency and the such.

The difficult part was creating three images for each icon...

Thanks to EVERYONE who put information on this forum that allowed me to do this. My three year old son is convinced that my truck is going to do some cool thing like start flying or blow up a bad guy!

dscn2109de0.jpg

dscn2094rh1.jpg

dscn2096om4.jpg

dscn2099eq5.jpg

dscn2106eo1.jpg

dscn2103ow1.jpg

dscn2098nj7.jpg