AVIC411.com

D3 and iPod Touch video help

good work on all the bypass tutorials. just did it and works amazing. I've been wanting to play my iPod videos on my iPod Touch. When I start hit video on the ipod section its a black screen with the control buttons and the "use ipod for full operation" bs. The video plays on the ipod and the sound comes through my speakers, but i cant get it to show on the d3 screen. i read about setting the ipod to output to a different source and tried a couple of things and no luck. any ideas or anyone with a fix for the same problem?

iPod Touch on the d3 video

well i just found more info. seems apple like always blocked aftermarket products (d3) from outputting video. the only way i see my d3 playing videos from iPod Touch would be the retarded $49 video cable from apple connected to the video jax in the wiring harness. any input would be greatly appreciated :twisted:

prick apple cable:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129 ... MjE0NTAzOA

Apple did change the spec for video output on the touch but your issue is more of a D3 incompatibility due to the fact that it was speced to be compatible to ipods developed before the touch. This is not a problem with the current F series units. The Apple cable is the only option for the touch with a D3.

Funny that this topic is fresh....I was just on the phone with Crutchfield about this very issue. Luckily I noticed this issue on the CF website before buying the CD-i200 cable.

The CD-i200 and the AVIC D3 together, will NOT....NOT....show video images from the iPod touch on the D3 video monitor.

I just so happen to have the $49 dollar apple cable discussed earlier in this thread and I will use it for the D3. I will connect it to the A/V inputs for AV-1 on the D3.

However, that leads me to another question. Since the inputs will be to AV-1, the interface with the iPod touch is the basic apple connector at the bottom of the ipod. This is also where the CD-i200 shoudl plug into the iPod. So in order to watch a video, I have to disconnect the CD-i200 and then connect the Apple AV cable (going to AV-1)?

Thats just silly....but I guess I will do it if I have to since I dont see myself watching videos from the iPod often.

Anyone with both a D3 AND the iPod Touch found a better way to do this mod?

Thanks!!