AVIC411.com

AVIC D3, iPod 120GB classic & CD-I200 video ?'s

I have had my D3 for a while and finally got an iPod to use for music and video playback to free up the dvd slot for nav. The cable arrived today and took a whole 5 minutes to pull the deck and hook it up and re-install the deck. Hooked the cable to the iPod and have normal controls over the sound and all works great. Set the iPod to video out and when I hit the video button on the D3 I just got the normal message to control unit from iPod. Tabbed through the menu on the iPod and started a video and got nothing - no sound or picture on the D3 and a message on the iPod that it needed to be hooked up to a video. I used the D3 function button to go through the sources and when I got back to the iPod, video and sound were there. Thought to myself, this actually worked. Cleaned up everything and was listening to music with the iPod and went back to play a video and now there is nothing again. Everything is set the way that it was before, but I don't get sound or video. Any thoughts, or am I out of luck since I think that it is 6th generation (iPod classic 120gb). Thanks - Erik

CamelTow - Thanks for the response. I already have the Pioneer iPod cable hooked up and will probably run the Appple one too. I will just hook up the Apple cable for video through the back of the deck and then run the pioneer cable when I am just listening to music. Not being able to control the video through the head unit isn't that big of a deal since the CD-I200 wouldn't do that anyways. Thanks - Erik

VBLUE - Could you post a link to what you are talking about? Since this will be in the dash, I may be able to cannibalize it and hardwire it in behind the stereo to a switched power. Thanks - Erik

From the Apple cable link above. It has a USB connector on it. It's for charging the device, get a USB cigaret lighter adapter and it will charge the iPod while in use.

Its the sixth gen, its not going to be 100% compatible. The best you can expect is what you've gotten so far. Upgrading to the F series would solve the problem.

I have a 120 classic / F series and the Video button is grayed out

That's interesting, I have the 160 GB and can watch video all day. I don't know maybe they changed the spec again. How about that 80 GB I sold you, that works right?