AVIC411.com

Just got Z1, what do I need for it to work?!

So I just got my Z1 yesterday from a member of another forum, but when I went to pick it up yesterday the owner could not find most of the parts to go with it. He was supposed to include the Z1, bluetooth, rear camera, cd changer, ipod interface, and xm module..Unfortunately I left with only the Z1 unit itself and no wiring..He explained to me that he will look for the rest of the stuff and ship it to me. He seems to be trustworthy and I have all of the empty boxes so I gave him partial payment and drove back home under the conditions he would send everything to me in the mail..

If he cannot find the parts I need, can someone tell me what wiring harnesses I will need for the Z1 to be complete and where to buy them? I just want to get an idea of how much it will cost aside from everything associated with all of the accessories..I'd like to have all of the factory harnesses it came with like it was new..

Thanks in advance

Sounds fishy to me...I'd take the Z1 back and find yourself another seller.

Wiring harnesses can be found on ebay, just use the link to the Pioneer parts page and figure out the part numbers. To get the Z! up and running by itself, you'll need both harnesses and the GPS antenna.

Bluetooth module (ND-BT1) is about $100+/- on ebay. If your seller doesn't come through, I have one BNIB that I'll sell you.

I just pulled the XM module out of the wife's car, so I may have a GEX-P920 to sell as well...it's got the power harness and Bus cable, but you'll need to get an antenna.

I hope you get your stuff, and welcome to the forum 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I still have not gotten the rest of the stuff..The prices on ebay seemed a bit high.. The seller I got the unit from did agree to buy the wiring and stuff and he found the CD changer for it but nothing else..All I really want is bluetooth, ipod, rear camera and Gps..If I had to go out and spend the money on this stuff it might be better for me to just go out and get a F90bt. I told the seller to keep looking for the items before he sends the cd changer..What do you guys think I should do being that most of you have experience with the Z and F series..I would end up spending only 200 more get a new F90BT

I am still trying to figure out which harnesses I need..

Do I need all of these??

CDE5044 speed extension lead pink 7.00

CDE6825 Reverse extension lead Violet 21.50

CDE8082 Power W speaker cord assy 34.50

CDE8083 cord assy RCA input 45.95

CDE8084 RCA output 37.50

CXC4864 GPS antenna 50.95

Thats 200 dollars in wires!!

Also, is the aftermarket GPS reciever as good as the factory one?? And is the CPM1064 Mic assy. included with the bluetooth interface??

CDE5044 speed extension lead pink 7.00 > Yes (need for Nav)

CDE6825 Reverse extension lead Violet 21.50 > Yes (need for b/u cam)

CDE8082 Power W speaker cord assy 34.50 >Yes

CDE8083 cord assy RCA input 45.95 > Yes (need for b/u cam)

CDE8084 RCA output 37.50 > No (unless using rear seat monitors)

CXC4864 GPS antenna 50.95 > Yes

If the seller is paying for the "missing" cabling, then go ahead and get everything listed above.

Mic assembly comes with the Z1 itself, not with the bluetooth module (ND-BT1)

Aftermarket GPS receiver? You have a GPS receiver in the Z1, all you need is the antenna.

If the seller is paying for the "missing" cabling, then go ahead and get everything listed above.

Aftermarket GPS receiver? You have a GPS receiver in the Z1, all you need is the antenna.

So is the Mic assembly built in?? Like I said I have nothing except the unit itself.. Would I need this also to utilize bluetooth hand free calling?

As for the antenna, is it safe to say aftermarket works just as well?

So is the Mic assembly built in?? Like I said I have nothing except the unit itself.. Would I need this also to utilize bluetooth hand free calling?

As for the antenna, is it safe to say aftermarket works just as well?

No the mic isn't built in per se`, it's separate from the Z. One end plugs in the back of the Z and you run the actual mic to where you want to mount it in the vehicle. Yes you need the mic to utilize handsfree calling (still need to get the ND-BT1 adaptor as well) and you also need the mic if you want to take advantage of the voice command feature on the Z.

I can't answer the aftermarket antenna question because I have no experience with them, I'm using the one that came with my Z. The stock antenna has a proprietary connector on it, so if you go aftermarket, make sure the connector that's going into the back of the Z will work...

• 2 weeks later...
What is the serial number on that puppy?

I hope you are not implying I stole the thing..I bought it from a person who lost most of the hardware after he removed it..I have boxes for everything, even parts that I did not get..

I ended up buying all of the things I needed from ebay for a reasonable price..