AVIC411.com

Slight problem with my new F90-BT

I got my new F90-BT installed yesterday and everything works great except....when people call I can answer and they can hear me, however I can not hear them through the speakers in the truck at all. Is this an installation problem or am I doing something wrong. I have looked at my 3G iphone, updated it and installed all the newest updates. I have no updated the bluetooth on the nav unit. Any ideas what could be wrong??

Look in chapter 8 of the manual on page 56. There is an option during the call to increase the volume. Do a test and see if this works by pressing the "+" to increase the call volume. Since you say everything else works fine, I am assuming your speakers work playing audio.

Yeah it plays music just fine, i operated the fader and it appears that the all of the trucks speakers are being powered by the rear speakers. As indicated by taking the fader completely to the forward direction and getting no sound output. I think this may be the problem, I dont know much about the installation so...do you guys think this is it?

Yes that is your problem. I just installed the same unit last week and during the install I messed up and connected the wrong rca to the front and got the same issue. The front is also where your nav voice will come out of, so if you do not have it hooked up through the front output you will also not be able to here that. Not a hard fix just pull it out and switch the rca.