AVIC411.com

GPS Very Innacurate/Lagging

Hey everyone ive been lurking around here for a few months once i decided to get the f90bt and finally got mine for christmas and i installed myself last weekend per the silverado install thread here and HW bypass with no problems. So far i have enjoyed the unit after i got a few issues fixed ( HD tuner quit working exchanged and now fine, had to get the apple composite cable, right side audio was out). My biggest aggrivation though that i cannot seem to find anything on and yes i have searched is that my gps is lagging and very innacurate. Example im driving down the road and all of a sudden the red arrow stops moving and if i turn i will see a little dot that is moving but showing me in the middle of a field then it will jump to current location and map fine for a few and do it again. thought maybe it was just my area. well i went on a 2 hr trip today down I-95 and every so often it would do that and recalculate showing me on some back country road. i have high accuracy and am hitting every sat. and have moved my antenna around and also doule checked my vss wire connection and even unhooked to to see if maybe i did have it wrong and no luck. it also shows my house address being about a mile away from where it really is. any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

james

The 'dot' is your actual location, the arrow is automatically 'snapped' to follow the road. The only time I see this is is when the road has been relocated due to construction. The map thinks the road is somewhere else.

You can turn off the snap to road feature if you want. See http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20445

How is your gps signal strength?