AVIC411.com

Start at page 175 of the manual and you will get the information you need. In short the unit wants a 640x480 format at 24 FPS. I use a program called Cucusoft and it does a great job for the iPod. Being honest, I never had very good luck trying to run video from USB or SD. Just too laggy and the whole system slowed down to a creep. I used only SDHC cards and high quality USB drives but still slow and painful.

Pioneer really needs to work on the SD interface and playing from USB. I finally just bought an iPod for music and video. Got to say once I got past the Pioneer Ipod cable woes, it worked great on video and audio and I only use the SD for changing background now. The iPod has a permanant home in my glove box now.

Best of luck with the SD, hope it works better for you than the luck I had. BTW, the best scree mode I got was a clipped 16x9 image or the small letter box like you describe. I don't think I was able to get a full screen until I went the iPod route. Now all play full screen :D