AVIC411.com

Help installing f90bt in 06 3500 megacab with rear dvd

Here are a few pics. Sorry it took so long. Couple of things I wanted to mention. On a bright sunny day the map is very difficult to see. Part of the problem in a larger vehicle is that the angle from where your sitting is a bit too wide. If you lean over and look straight at it then it's better but certainly would not be considered daylight viewable. I mounted one of the rear view cameras on the bumber but the other one is mounted looking into the bed of the truck so I can hook up the gooseneck trailer by myself. It's a way cool deal but I've been having some problems with the entire camera system where the screen just goes blank. My installer is looking into this issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon. Let me konw if you have any other questions I'll try to help.

post-25638-12872756725243_thumb.jpg

post-25638-1287275672818_thumb.jpg

post-25638-12872756730517_thumb.jpg

When it's dark out the screen is awesome. During the day the screen automatically changes to a day light color scheme not like the one shown in the picture.

I'm going to try to hack some different daylight color schemes which should help the daylight viewing issue.

I just installed (yesterday) my F90BT into my '07 Dodge Ram 1500. I don't have photos yet, but all in all it was a clean, easy install.

My factory radio had a sirius tuner, and I was able to use the Mopar OEM antenna already mounted to the roof with the new Pioneer XM tuner I bought. Just removed the plastic clip on the connector and it plugged right in.. works like a charm.

I mounted the GPS antenna underneath the top dash piece directly under the windshield. It also is working well.

I haven't decided where to mount the backup camera yet, but I am thinking about in the middle of that plastic spoiler on the tailgate.

The only problem I am having is uploading my Conacts from my Sprint Mogul Cell Phone. I can't seem to get the darn things to upload in the First Name Last Name format. So far all I have been able to do is Last Name, First Name. It works.. But it is a pain to remember to say "Call Smith John" instead of "Call John Smith" I am sure that my problem is a limitation of the phone or of the cell phone's owner. :wink:

I didn't install a HD Tuner.. can't decide if it is worth it. I haven't heard HD Radio, so I am not sure I am missing anything.

Ran the iPod cable into the glovebox. Typical install. I seriously considered installing it in the fold down mid seat compartment on the front seat.

Yeap.. I have an iPod Classic (60 gig with video). I was able to intall it, use voice command, play video, play music, everything that I could think of anyways. I forgot to turn off the VR Update and when I started my truck this morning it reloaded the library again.. needless to say I corrected that issue right after... I have way too much music to want to sit through that every time.

Thank you so much for the pictures!!! They are great. So have any of you had any issues with the glow plug timer and then when you wait for the glow grid the deck start sto boot up and then you start the truck and the deck has to re-boot again. Did you do a tof timer or what did you do to get around this problem. Thanks