AVIC411.com

Best Telstra NextG phone for AVIC-F900BT in Australia

Hi,

I have an AVIC-F900BT in Australia and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for a new Telstra NextG mobile phone that works with the AVIC-F900BT. I got the Parrot compatibilty list from Pioneer AU but it's pretty out of date and there aren't many NEXTG phone on it.

I'm currently using a Samsung A501 which works fine for sending and receiving calls but won't sync contacts or display the network name.

Also is there anyway to increase the mic volume. Callers to my mobile complain that they can't here me very well. The Unit only came with a PDF manual which isn't all the good unless you sit in the car with a laptop running.

Thanks in advance for your help. :o)

• 4 weeks later...

Not being able to sync your contacts is a problem with most "smart phones". I have had the same problem with my Nokia E71 and E51 on other Bluetooth devices. Where as, one of my older (and simpler) Nokia phones transferred the contacts OK automatically.

You can still transfer your contacts over, but you have to do it one at a time, a bit tedious if you have a lot of contacts!

This is not a problem specific to teh Pioneer AVIC F series. It happened to my Blue Ants Bluetooth headsets too...