AVIC411.com

2006 4Runner W/ JBL

Hi All,

I have been considering purchasing the F900bt for my 2006 4Runner. I have the JBL package w/ out nav, and have read that there are problems with noise and general performance/sound is weak due to the amp. This is disappointing since I really wanted to get a this head unit. Has anyone had experience with the JBL systems in a 4runner and an F sereis? Any input and or info would be sweet...

Thanks in advance

I have an 06 Tundra with JBL, I would presume they are similar.

I was using the Peripheral brand adapter to connect the F90BT headunit to the stock speakers. No problems.

I also have a small amp running two 8" JL's that are under the rear seats, running from the sub RCA's from the headunit.

I later changed the front speakers to aftermarket components, and I got a hum that wouldn't go away. So I had to run speaker wire directly from the pioneer to the aftermarkets, problem solved. Still using the adapter to run the rears.

Call crutchfield.com if you're planning on doing this yourself. They'll tell you what you need. I installed mine myself. All I needed was a wiring harness. It fit with the stock brackets and screws - which is typical of Toyota vehicles. Hopefully you'll be as lucky. I don't have steering wheel controls so I didn't have to worry about that. The wiring harness was missing the illumination wire but I used the included wiretap from the radio and illumination is working perfectly.

I installed the XM adapter and the radio myself and I was surprised at how easy it was. If you plan on using the bluetooth mic, make sure you test the location first. My mic is mounted on my visor with the wires running down the A-pillar. Placing the mic on the A-pillar produced horrible quality to the person on the other end of my calls.