AVIC411.com

Software bypass, worked now it doesn't

I've had my f90BT installed for about a month now. I done the software bypass on it when it was installed. It has been working beautifully until recently. It seems to have just stopped. Even when I put on the parking brake or the car is in park the Navigation/System/Phone settings are grayed out and I can't figure out why. I checked the wiring and it's still grounded properly.

Your green wire has become ungrounded. Ground it correctly, and it will work again.

I just checked the ground and it was fine.

How did you check it? Did you use an ohm meter? Did you just look at it and wiggle it? How do you have it connected? Is it spliced and soldered into the black ground wire to the AVIC? Or, is it somehow attached to some random metal piece of the dash? How do you know that piece has a good ground? Did you verify the wire didn't pull out at the radio connector end?

Your green wire has become ungrounded. Ground it correctly, and it will work again.

I just checked the ground and it was fine.

How did you check it? Did you use an ohm meter? Did you just look at it and wiggle it? How do you have it connected? Is it spliced and soldered into the black ground wire to the AVIC? Or, is it somehow attached to some random metal piece of the dash? How do you know that piece has a good ground? Did you verify the wire didn't pull out at the radio connector end?

It was checked by simply checking the continuity between the two wires. The probes were stuck above and below the soldered connection. The parking break wire is spliced and soldered onto the ground wire in my vehicles harness.