AVIC411.com

Ipod Silent

I have had my D3 for almost a year now and have been really annoyed with the fact that everytime I'm listening to the ipod and shut off the ignition of the car go into a store and come back out that when it comes back up it goes to the ipod screen and shows the song is playing but no sound comes out until i touch main menu and then go to the radio then sound starts coming out and then i can go back to ipod and everything works normal until the next time i start the car... its the same way with bluetooth, if i get a call before i have turned the radio on then i cant hear any sound. Does anyone elses do this?

yeah i have noticed the same thing. what i think is happening is that the buffer with in the software and hard ware are conficting some how. the ipod comes on first and the d3 takes a min to come up. so the i pod is in the ready to go state and the d3 just takes some time for it to get caught back up to the ipod. so i am not sure but its the d3.

Does your car have a factory amplifier?

I have had my D3 for almost a year now and have been really annoyed with the fact that everytime I'm listening to the ipod and shut off the ignition of the car go into a store and come back out that when it comes back up it goes to the ipod screen and shows the song is playing but no sound comes out until i touch main menu and then go to the radio then sound starts coming out and then i can go back to ipod and everything works normal until the next time i start the car... its the same way with bluetooth, if i get a call before i have turned the radio on then i cant hear any sound. Does anyone elses do this?

No problem. Whoever put your deck in hooked up the factory amp to the power antenna wire instead of the remote turn-on. Switch them if you ever pull the deck out again. If not, just remember to go back and change that setting if you ever disconnect your battery or reset the deck

Recently I have been having trouble with my ipod (160GB) playing fine then if I shut my car off for more then say 5 hours it will show the ipod screen and the podcast button will be grayed out until I click a button on the ipod then the Podcast button will match the rest of the buttons and the ipod will start playing again. This just started happing this week and I have had the radio in the car since mid october. Any ideas?