AVIC411.com

HTC Diamond and Avic-F90BT phone book issues

Hi,

I just installed my F90BT and paired it with my HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint Version)

I am having no luck with the phonebook transfer. This phone came with WM 6.1. When i pair it with the AVIC, the pairing goes successfully but i do not see any prompt on the phone to allow access to contact list.

So i go in to the phone screen on AVIC and try to initiate the phonebook tranfer and try to use my phone to push the contacts. But my phone does not show me the AVIC in the list of devices.

I even browsed through some of the bluetooth and OBEX registry keys on phone to see if anything is disabled. But had no luck.

I saw some references here about someone using a HTC diamond with their AVIC. Can someone post which firmware they are using both on the pioneer and also on the HTC diamond.

I ran custom ROMs on the diamond and also tried the original sprint stock version, none of them worked all of them exhibit the same behavior.

I know this is yet another thread about phonebook issue, But i promise that i will turn this into a guide once i figure out how to get it going.

I am not new to Windows mobile phones or bluetooth integration in cars. I actually did some development in windows mobile in the past. But i am definitely new to the AVIC series.

Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

I found that the issue was with my contacts. I had around 181 of them and a lot of them with multiple numbers.

I dont know which one of them was causing the issue. But here is how gotten around it.

1. Delete the pairing between the car and phone if one exists.

2. Backup your phone with a backup software.

3. Hard reset the phone to clear everything.

4. Then setup the phone with only the contacts you care about being synced with the car (Limit the number of contacts).

5. Now pair the phone with the car.

6. As soon as the pairing is complete you will see a prompt on the phone that will ask you for permission to allow the car to sync contacts.

7. Say "Yes" to that prompt and your contacts shouuld be synced.

8. Restore the previous contents of the phone if you like to.

Here are the rules around how the contacts should be setup.

1. Use "FirstName LastName" for the name field. (Helps in voice dialing)

2. You can use multiple phone numbers for a contact but they will be shown seperately in the car as "First Last Home" and "First Last Mobile" etc.

3. Type the phone number without any dashes or brackets.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for advice.

It is two much manual work. :( I also have to many contacts and sync them with Outlook. Therefore they all have dashes and brackets in the numbers.

Maybe it will be easier for me to borrow my son's phone and use it for syncing few contacts I need in the hands free.

Thank you anyway. :D

unfortunately that wont work. Avic has a feature that maintains contacts per phone.

So your son's phone's contacts will only be visible when his phone is connected. And only your phone contacts will be visible when your phone is connected.

unfortunately that wont work. Avic has a feature that maintains contacts per phone.

So your son's phone's contacts will only be visible when his phone is connected. And only your phone contacts will be visible when your phone is connected.

BAD!!! :evil:

I thought it might be the case but hoped for the better :(

Thank you.

jetware mobile does enhance some functions. However, as far as the number transfer is concerned it did not make any difference with it installed or not installed.

The issue in my case was just number of contacts. The CPU on the phone would spike to 100% when the car connects and attempts to transfer phonebook.

I tried atleast 20 to 30 combinations with jetware and various other bluetooth handfree profile dlls.

At least in the case of Sprint HTC Diamond, if there are too many contacts on your phone it will either take for ever to transfer or never complete.

Here are the rules around how the contacts should be setup.

1. Use "FirstName LastName" for the name field. (Helps in voice dialing)

2. You can use multiple phone numbers for a contact but they will be shown seperately in the car as "First Last Home" and "First Last Mobile" etc.

3. Type the phone number without any dashes or brackets.

Hope this helps.

I am editing my contacts now. Can I use spaces instead of dashes and brackets?

Ravic,

I also have an HTC but it is a Tilt. I have been having issues and have multiple just like you did. My question to you is this. Did you just have your SIM card with the phone numbers? Or did you have your Sim and Phone numbers so it showed double when you transferred? Reason I am asking is you said you did a HARD reset of the phone, then did the transfer. So I was wondering if it transferred off the sim card when it moved them or the phone's set itself. I have over 367 contacts and when I was looking at the Jet thing, you could with outlook make them RED. Then in Jet you could transfer just the RED. I tried just one and it took forever and still never worked. Thanks for any more info you can provide.

Eric.

I installed JETWARE and it helped me to transfer the contacts from my HTC Touch Diamond. But it transferred numbers only, no names at all.

I played with different settings in the software. In Phone book option -> Send Contacts I was able to change four options:

- max numbers per contact

- max name length

- format

- encoding

Every time after transfer I returned to the menu only to find that all settings remained what I set them apart from one. The "max name length" changed back to 0. I think because this setting reverses to default 0 it does not transfer names, only numbers.

Does anybody knows the solution?

Well, finally I managed to sync my Touch Diamond.

IMO JETware did not help. It looks like it did not work at all because when I succeeded it was set to limit the number of Outlook Phone Numbers to 10, but the whole phonebook was transferred.

I do not know if this is a solution or not. Here is how I have done it.

Initially I paired them from the phone. After several unsuccessful attempts to sync the contacts without and then with JETware installed I simply unpaired the devices (deleted on both sides). Then I made HTC visible to others and paired it from AVIC. At this moment the phone asked me if I want to allow AVIC to access the phonebook. This did not happen first time when I paired them from the phone. I selected YES but nothing happened. Then I synced the contacts from AVIC and it transferred all my contacts in less than a minute.

Jetware extension was active at the moment but as I mentioned was set to limit the number of phones to 10. That is why I think it did not work at all and was bypassed by the phone. May be I am mistaken.

I did not hard reboot the phone. All my numbers still contain brackets and dashes (they are ignored during transfer). The only difference was how I paired the devices. First time - from phone, second - from AVIC.

If anybody with similar problem can repeat what I have done (preferably without JETware) it may confirm if this is the solution or it was just a coincidence.