AVIC411.com

Steering wheel controls for a Benz c240?

I use the Pac Audio SWI-CAN and SWI-PS with my F900 (04 C240 w/Bose)

Works perfectly - I'm extremely happy with it. I had All Pro Audio in Santa Clara, CA install it (the entire system.)

Good luck

Chriso,

I need to get some clarification from you since I'm also interested in this same setup. Others on the site have reported terrible response times between the PAC unit and the AVIC units, are you not experiencing any of this? I was holding out until either Panasonic and/or PAC resolved these items.

I'm not having any of the issues others are reporting - mine works perfectly.

I was looking into the CAR-PI 131 but opted for the PAC unit. The Car-pi is cool because it displays PIONEER on your dash - but that is about it. On the PAC Audio unit you have more control to program more buttons. I use my phone pickup button for mute - something you cannot do with the car-pi.

I have the following controls:

track up/down (right hand top controls)

mute (right hand bottom left control)

Volume up/down (left hand top controls)

Thanks,

Chris

I was looking into the CAR-PI 131 but opted for the PAC unit. The Car-pi is cool because it displays PIONEER on your dash - but that is about it. On the PAC Audio unit you have more control to program more buttons. I use my phone pickup button for mute - something you cannot do with the car-pi.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for the very useful feedback. I think I'll place my order today. Can you tell me which vendor you ended up using?

Nkosi

Thanks,

Chris

Well my CA-R-PI.133 does these: (<1s = press for less than 1 second, >1s = hold it for over 1 second))

"Up" <1s = radio Freq +or CD: Track +

"UP" >1s = radio presets + or CDC: disck + (not avaiable with F-series since no CDC)

"Down" <1s = radio Freq - or CD: Track -

"Down" >1s = radio presets - or CDC: disck - (not avaiable with F-series since no CDC)

"+" Volume +

"-" Volume -

"+"& "up" <1s Source (this switches between the sources available, i.e. FM/AM/CD/IPod)

"+"& "up" >1s Off/On (Hmm I havnt try this yet, I'm not sure if this works on F-series or not since we can't turn the unit complete off)

Again, I dont know about 131 since I have a +05 C-class...

I'd say just go for whichever is cheaper. Sounds like they do the same thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIONEER-CA-R-PI-131-STEERING-WHEEL-CONTROLLER-MERCEDES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ360124472923QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

I'm using CA-R-PI.133 made for 05+ C classes, and the link above is for pre-05 C-classes. All buttons work except that the phone answering & hanging buttons.

This will work for a 2002 W203 c240? It looks like its for a 2004?

Thanks!

Thanks,

Chris

Well my CA-R-PI.133 does these: (<1s = press for less than 1 second, >1s = hold it for over 1 second))

"Up" <1s = radio Freq +or CD: Track +

"UP" >1s = radio presets + or CDC: disck + (not avaiable with F-series since no CDC)

"Down" <1s = radio Freq - or CD: Track -

"Down" >1s = radio presets - or CDC: disck - (not avaiable with F-series since no CDC)

"+" Volume +

"-" Volume -

"+"& "up" <1s Source (this switches between the sources available, i.e. FM/AM/CD/IPod)

"+"& "up" >1s Off/On (Hmm I havnt try this yet, I'm not sure if this works on F-series or not since we can't turn the unit complete off)

Again, I dont know about 131 since I have a +05 C-class...

I'd say just go for whichever is cheaper. Sounds like they do the same thing.

Looks like the car-pi-131 has a bit more functions - I know the SWI-PS doesn't handle radio presets - and change source is not an option. I'm still pretty happy with it though.

Thanks,

Chris