AVIC411.com

really, is there a solution for those of us whose gps' are inaccurate? I'm always 200 feet from the true location. not a newbie and already searched and came across a lot of info, but not really any solution other than using other maps. Everything is mounted correctly and I get strong satellite signals.

really, is there a solution for those of us whose gps' are inaccurate? I'm always 200 feet from the true location. not a newbie and already searched and came across a lot of info, but not really any solution other than using other maps. Everything is mounted correctly and I get strong satellite signals.

VSS signal connect? Also what model?

I have this problem sometimes, and I'm thinking it's just that the TeleAtlas maps aren't the greatest. I have great sat reception, and my location is usually spot-on when I'm at an intersection or at some other major point of reference. However, it's usually way off when I get back into neighborhoods. Like the OP, even on main roads that have been developed for a long time, the destination is occasionally off by several hundred feet (although its certainly more accurate than when I'm in a residential area). This, coupled with the fact that the unit doesn't tell you if the destination is on the right or left, makes reaching the destination more of a chore than it should be with a nav unit.

It seems like the nav function on this unit is pretty powerful and feature-packed, but it's the basic nav function (i.e. getting from A to B easily) that this unit, at least for me, does not do so well.

for now the gps antenna is right 3 inches away from the a-pillar mounted on top of the dash on the driver's side. no obstruction at all. mounted on the metal sheet. satellites, I get 10-11 out of 12 signal strength indicators, all green (except for a couple yellows and 1 red on the constellation), and blinking 3 reception status, green.

The accuracy varies when driving, sometimes its really close (i.e. driving and making a turn onto another street, gps would indicate so on the map.) when parked, i'm ALWAYS 200 feet from where I'm actually at. I would be at my home address, and the gps/map would indicate I am at a different address on another block.

THis is my only quirk with this unit. Well this and the boot up speed. I am running the upgraded 2.0 firmware