AVIC411.com

New to the avic

Hey guys,

My car was broken into a couple of days ago and my Alpine IVAD310 was ripped from my dash. So with my insurance money im looking into a z1 or z2 for my 2001 Bullitt Mustang. Ive been trying to read the differences between the z1 and z2 but other than the software and nav maps I cant find anything. Is the z2 really worth the extra 2 or 300 bucks?? If I go with the z1 I could get one of those upgraded hdd that will make it a z3 right?? Basically is the z2 worth the money if im going to upgrade to the z3 anyway?

Also, i know this is a noob question and will probably get crap for it, but to bypass my old alpine i needed to push the brake pedal, and put the ebrake on, then off, then on again...to solve this problem i just wired the ebrake lead to a switch, and turned the switch on, off, then on again and it worked flawlessly. Whats the deal with the bypass on this unit having to wire in some relay or something?? Couldnt i just do the same thing as my alpine??

Sorry for the long read. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys on this forum.