AVIC411.com

Found possible fix for rebooting AVIC F

This morning I started working on a fix for my f90bt that continuously reboots upon entering map mode. Prior to this problem, I had absolutely NO mods. So this is a software issue, and not something we have created.

First, I used two sd cards. The first card had test mode on it so I could get in, the next had the 2.0 update. I entered test mode and then put the update card in. You may be able to use one card, but I already had the files on separate cards. I started to replace each file on the flash drive with the update files. I did everything except the APL2/iGo folder. Nothing worked. Then to verify my hunch, I copied over the APL2/iGo as stated above. Upon hard reboot, the unit started working the same as before. Next I tried coping my data.zip file before the copy to see if that was the reason behind the issue. Sure enough, it started rebooting on the map screen again. I copied the 2.0 update data.zip back into place and no more issues.

If someone wants to help me verify this, please install the 2.0 update data.zip file in place of the current one on the unit and see if that works. Otherwise, try the entire iGo folder. This fixed my unit, and hopefully will save you the trouble of returning the unit to pioneer.

Brandon :wink::!:

• 2 months later...

Did you try re-downloading the 2.0 update from Pioneer? I have seen sometimes the update not work properly at first, but then user downloaded a fresh copy and updated again, seems to have fixed the issues - if the problem occurred after updating, this might be the ticket.