AVIC411.com

Caller ID question

Folks, correct if I'm mistaken here. When the caller ID flashes on my screen, it just shows the phone number that's calling me. I had assumed it would show me the name of the person calling, using my phonebook as a reference.

Is there some setting I need to change? Or am I expecting too much?

FWIW, I'm using a 1st gen iPhone.

thanks

mike

It works fine with me. Gives the name as long as it is in my contacts list. That means I've connected via bluetooth and transferred my contacts to Avic. If it still doesn't show the prefix has to be manually edited with SQ Lite Personal on your PC.

If the person calls you from lets say 901 555 5555

But if your phonebook entry is like this: 00 1 901 555 5555

(Or vice versa) it won't show names. YoU'll need to edit them in your PC with the SQ Lite editor. Do a search in the forum to find the thread to learn how.

Good luck.

When using the iPhone your contacts sync with Windows Contacts on your PC. I had the same problem and all you have to do is simply open Windows Contacts and eliminate all special characters.... i.e (989) 894-1212 would become 9898941212 and save each contact in that format, then re-sync your contacts through iTunes and then re-sync your iPhone contacts with your Pioneer unit. Problem solved. You may or may not have to include a 1 prior to every number but I myself did not need to.