AVIC411.com

Pioneer avic F90bt install help

hi guys

I just purchased the pioneer avic f90bt and it should be in with in the next couple of days. i have a couple questions about the installation. i have a chevy silverado so will this unit fit? and also do i need to buy a kit or something? i already have an aftermarket dash in. i have a jensen vma9312 in dash monitor but im sick of it thats why i purchased the avic. can i use the wires from the jensen installation?

thanks

You can probably use the wiring harness that was already used to install the jensen radio. As for other things you'll need that really depends on your vehicle.

At most you may need a new dash kit for a double din stereo because the avic isn't wide enough to take up the whole stock double din space.

I'd also suggest finding out where your vehicle speed sensor, parking brake and reverse light wires are located way before you begin your installation. Otherwise you could easily waste a day or so with your car torn apart awaiting for answers.

im a noob at this but what does the speed sensor and brakes have to do with it?

It's a NAVIGATION unit... it needs to know how fast you're going to accurately calculate ETA, etc.

Just read the instructions (or have your buddy who's installing it) It's all in there.

and if you THINK that you are in over your head when you go to install it... you probably are, so it might be worth the money to have a pro install it for you in the long run.

We might assume that this unit is on the expensive side for you based on your previous head unit (shoot, it's not on the cheap side for anyone), so it's definitely worth paying someone else to ensure that you don't smoke your $600 toy before you ever get to play with it, eh?