AVIC411.com

iphone controls

I have not seen this on the forum so maybe someone who has an iphone can help

Provided that your iphone is connected through USB and RCA,

-> can you control your iphone (from the iphone) to search songs rather than doing it on the 700bt/900bt

more specifically, i think it is easier to navigate on the ipod/iphone for songs /video but at the same time you can see the artist name that is playing on the avic ie use Genius mode and see who is playing on the avic,.....

So if anyone know how to do that or confirm we can do that I would appreciate

cheers

I have not seen this on the forum so maybe someone who has an iphone can help

Provided that your iphone is connected through USB and RCA,

-> can you control your iphone (from the iphone) to search songs rather than doing it on the 700bt/900bt

more specifically, i think it is easier to navigate on the ipod/iphone for songs /video but at the same time you can see the artist name that is playing on the avic ie use Genius mode and see who is playing on the avic,.....

So if anyone know how to do that or confirm we can do that I would appreciate

cheers

Nope.. once you connect it to the AVIC, it takes over control, you are not allowed any input from the ipod/iphone, that always means that items such as the genius are unavailable to the AVIC.

Clearly if you really REALLY wanted to make this happen, you would leave the RCA jacks connected, set the AVIC EXT1 to "AV" disconnect the USB, and just run it from the ipod itself, but that would be defeating the purpose of ipod integration.

I don't want to be the person that gets hit because someone else is messing with their ipod while driving! :wink:

Negative, this doesnt work. You must use the deck to control the ipod.

hmm. too bad

I was messing around the other day with a Alpine ida x200 , and I was able to retain iphone control, which was neat because I had info displayed on both the phone and on the HU.

Frankly it s hard to beat iphone interface, ...

thanks for your input, I should receive my unit from Amazon tomorrow, cant wait to use it