AVIC411.com

VSS and Reverse Wires for 2002 Ford Excursion

Hey folks! Just so you know, I've done ALOT of reading on this so far, but I havent found these yet. Here's what I found on here, in different threads:

VSS Wire: Grey/Black (I assume this means grey with a black stripe)

At instrument cluster: Cant get to the harness, its inaccessible

Behind stereos with CD player: I have factory CD, no such wire

Right kick-panel: Theres like 100 wires over there, but didnt find one that fit the bill

Wiper Motor: Only place I havent been yet.

Oh, and one thread sent us to a website for VSS info. The Excursion wasnt listed as an option.

Does anyone have more information than the above or more explicit locations? I've been installing my own hardware for years and this is the toughest time Ive ever had.

Now the Reverse wire: black/pink (black w/pink stripe?)

Behind Fusebox: Couldnt find one that was hot only when in reverse

Dimming Rearview: Cant even find where these wires come down. Not in either front door jamb

At the DTS: This is under the car, attached to my tranny. Umm... no.

Clip into reverse light in the back: Please dont tell me I have to hack it like that

Anyone? Please? I know there is software out there for radio and alarm installers that tells them all of this. Can anyone point me to them?

Cant wait to get my f900bt installed, with my XM, IPOD, and backup-camera. Then I can start hacking it, as well :)

If you still have the factory head unit and the volume changes with your speed, that wire should be on the factory wire harness behind the stereo. It is gray/black Clipping into your reverse light would be pretty easy since you could hide it behind some interior panels. I'm gonna have to run mine along the frame in my f150. Do you have a voltmeter? If so, try finding an orange/light blue wire by the fuse box and test it for voltage with it in/out of reverse.

If you're in central tx by chance i could help ya :)

If you still have the factory head unit and the volume changes with your speed, that wire should be on the factory wire harness behind the stereo. It is gray/black Clipping into your reverse light would be pretty easy since you could hide it behind some interior panels. I'm gonna have to run mine along the frame in my f150. Do you have a voltmeter? If so, try finding an orange/light blue wire by the fuse box and test it for voltage with it in/out of reverse.

If you're in central tx by chance i could help ya :)

No, the volume doesnt change with the speed :(

Orange/light blue wire by the fusebox? Can you be a little more explicit, there's like 5 different harnesses around it, with similar colored wires in them.

And no, I'm in South Florida. I'm tempted to take it to Circuit City and offer the guy $20 to find me the 2 wires I need and splice into them.

there is no such wire on those cars(I have a fusion) it gets the vss signal from a network of wires from each wheel sensor.... anyways.. however it works lol.. you need something that is called a "can bus adapter from pac here it is I think its pricy though.. for reverse.. I just ran a wire to my back up light... easy as pie.. though it was a long piece lol

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Replace-a-Radio#C2R-FRD1