AVIC411.com

ipod not playing through speakers but can be seen on screen

As others have mentioned:

The RCA connectors & the USB cable need to be connected to the AVIC unit in order for the ipod connection to work correctly. Make sure that you've connected the USB as well as the RCA cables up to the correct inputs.

Make sure your iPod is supported by the f series units, and make sure that the firmware on the iPod is not greater than or less than the firm ware version suggested for your iPod (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 0Chart.pdf)

Lastly it's possible the head unit got messed up or like what happened with me today your iPod locked up. In either case a reset of the device should take care of the problem. And if that doesn't work it's possible your iPod or head unit may need some repairs.

well I was gonna come back all mad but decided to take another look at the back of the unit and sure enough the RCAs were not plugged in, Ill admit when im wrong but this was a buddy of mine that was helping mes fault lol still I learned my lesson, always check other peoples work.

Thanks everyone for your help!

glad it was an easy fix. seems a lot of people are connecting the rca's or the usb, but not both. unusual cable, but still, if there are extra wires hanging out, chances are, something ain't right.

Well to be honest, I wouldnt of hooked up the rcas but I told my buddy I might get the Ipod video so just to hook it up so I wouldnt have to rip the deck out again. ha ha so I guess my buddy and I are both in the wrong :)

Thanks again everyone this site is great with great people helping!