AVIC411.com

F90BT mid-installation question

i have finish installing the F90BT unit on my 1998 Honda Accord 4DS. I was testing it out before i close everything back up. While i perform some tests, i notice the following:

1. While on "Park", my unit will not let me operate the navi or dvd UNLESS i turn the headlights dim lights off! Does this have to do with the illumination connection at the harness? (orange wire on the unit). I dont know if i tapped the correct "Park" wire (red/black coming out of the shift gear). or should i ground the unit "Park" wire to the car metal body (bypassing).

2. i connected the wire for the VSS signal to the "Blue/White" wire at the fuse box on the 3-pin connector. But i've been reading that the correct "Blue/White" wire is at the passenger side for the 1998 Honda Accord. help!

i hoping to finish installation by tomorrow. Any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Also, i want to install my mic in the dash by drilling into it and use a grommet for a cleaner look. Has anyone try doing the same? I will let you know if im successful in finding one that fits.

thanks everyone!!

If the unit locked you out when you turn the headlights on, you are definitely on the wrong wire. I'd just move the mute wire and ground the 2, and boom. Bypassed.

If you are not going to the correct location to tap your VSS, then chances are you're on the wrong wire. There are many of the same color wires. Is it possible you got the right one? yes, but not likely.

What I got for your VSS wire is Blue/White at the ECM found in the Center Console in a Gray 32 Pin plug, Pin #3

Also I did a flush mount Mic in my car and my Fiance's car. Looks Factory.