AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Controls - Can it control next song?

Hi! In my install at Best Buy, I got the dohickey that makes the steering wheel controls work on my F700. On my 2004 Ford Expedition, I have two buttons to control the radio. Currently, as configured, one button switches the F700 Audio sources, the other brings up "ATT" over where the "EQ" and "FUNC" buttons are on the upper right of the screen. I haven't a clue what "ATT" is. What it does do is subdue the sound, nothing else.

My question: Can that steering control button be made to play the next song when on the IPOD source? If so, any chance anyone feeling generous enough to tell me how to do it? I will settle just for the knowledge that it can be done. Thanks in advance!

Solved it! My Wired Remote Control Adapter was a Peswips. Went to their website: http://www.abt.com/images/products/PDF_ ... ps_ins.pdf which shows how to program various controls to various buttons by sequences of pressing the device's (in my dash) program button with pressing the steering wheel button and watching for blinking lights. All within 7 seconds! My advice is not to do this while drinking, as I did.

Apparently, with my Peswips as well as other control devices I looked at, you can make any steering button do:

1. Volume Up

2. Volume Down

3. Mute

4. Track Up/Seek Up

5. Track Down/Seek Down

6. Source

7. Preset Up/Disc Up

8. Preset Down/Disc Down

9. Band

Preset up/down doesn't work, correct?

Does not work on mine, just manual freq up/down.

The steering wheel volume was a must for me, though the steering wheel controls are now irratic and delayed with the modulator thats installed. Now that the key beeps are gone (with the mod), I love it.

I have 3 wheel buttons. Media Button to change sources (no longer functional w/ 900bt). Seek button + or - (does Advance/change songs on CD or IPOD or SD Card also changes frequency on FM-AM). Volume +/- Button (volume contrl)

What adapter do you have to do that? I have a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr that I want to keep the steering wheel controls on. Would you happen to know which one will work for my car with the 700BT? Thanks