AVIC411.com

Help me decide, F700 or F900

Ok so I have a choice between the F700bt and the F900bt. The F700 is $200 cheaper than the 900 so naturally I am leaning towards it. But is there anything other than the ability to playback DVDs that I will miss out on by getting the F700 instead? I am willing to throw down the extra 200, but only if I really need it

The F700BT is matte black not shiny like the F900BT

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... on/In-Dash

Check the check boxes for the 700 and 900 and click "compare"

:lol:

personally, I chose the F700 for a few reasons:

1. obviously, price

2. I didn't want my wife thinking she had the option of watching some chick flick (and thereby costing me my XM) while I'm driving on a long trip

3. I can play movies from the ipod, if need be

4. I didn't plan on subscribing to MSN direct

5. The matte finish matches my interior better than the glossy F900 (minor point, though)

On the other hand, when I'm showing someone all the features of the unit, they inevitably ask, "Does it play DVD's?" I kinda feel a little inadequate when I have to say "No." :lol:

On the other hand, when I'm showing someone all the features of the unit, they inevitably ask, "Does it play DVD's?" I kinda feel a little inadequate when I have to say "No." :lol:

LOL so true.

To the OP, you can answer that question better than anyone else. The 900 has a glossy finish, a DVD player, and MSN direct. The 700 does not. So ask youself, would you like a glossy or matte finish? Would you use MSN direct? Will you use the DVD player? If so then get the 900, if not then get the 700. There's really no need to pay extra for features you won't use, ya know?