AVIC411.com

Moto Krzr BT won't automatically connect to F700BT

Hello everyone,

I installed an Avic F700BT yesterday, and I connected it to my phone (Moto Krzr(K1) - Rogers Wireless)

During the connection I had to use the phone to connect to the Avic F700BT because when I used the Avic to find my phone, I would enter the pass code (1111) then I would get "connection failed" after a minute or two of "connecting"

After successfully using my phone to connect to "Pioneer Navi", I was able to transfer my contacts, and make calls. It is crystal clear, and I'm very happy with it.

My problem: When I turn the Avic on as I get back in the car, the phone will not automatically connect. I have to use my phone to manually connect to the unit, which only takes a moment - but is a pain.

The Avic is set to "automatically connect" and this is the only phone paired with it. I notice the blue tooth light never flashes during startup. So I'm wondering if it is actually working.

My phone's blue tooth is always active and is set to automatically connect with the "Pioneer Navi"

I use my phone with my MacBook daily without issue, so I'm wondering is this a compatibility issue, or is there something wrong with my Avic? My phone? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edit: I have downloaded the most recent BT and firmware updates yesterday before I connected my phone.

I have the krzr k1m not the k1 and it pairs everytime no issue..

Yeah, I had seen that in another post.

I think I have determined it is my network provider. It appears rogers has locked some of the bluetooth functionality of my phone. We tried with some of my friends who had similar phones. One was a fully unlocked phone which worked flawlessly. The other was a rogers phone which acted up in the same way.

So if anyone knows how to fully unlock a rogers krzr K1 phone, let me know. :D

Thanks for the help!