AVIC411.com

Dogs Barking too much

I've searched the forum, but apparently I've overlooked how to reduce the amount of time the dogs are barking/wav for speedcam/POI's.

I'd love to just have.....I dunno...2 seconds of barking, versus the ~30seconds I am hearing now when I hit one driving down the interstate. I've tryed changing the settings directly on the Avic, but it doesn't seem to affect the length/repeatability of the wav.

So is there a hack I'm overlooking to limit the # of times the wav plays, or is there a way to just mute it that I am overlooking? I had my boss in the car the other day when it went off, and I couldn't get it to shut up. :D:shock:

Thanks!

I've searched the forum, but apparently I've overlooked how to reduce the amount of time the dogs are barking/wav for speedcam/POI's.

I'd love to just have.....I dunno...2 seconds of barking, versus the ~30seconds I am hearing now when I hit one driving down the interstate. I've tryed changing the settings directly on the Avic, but it doesn't seem to affect the length/repeatability of the wav.

So is there a hack I'm overlooking to limit the # of times the wav plays, or is there a way to just mute it that I am overlooking? I had my boss in the car the other day when it went off, and I couldn't get it to shut up. :D:shock:

Thanks!

Search some more. This was discussed about two weeks ago as well. Type the word "DOG" in the search box and select this forum. You'll come up with only six choices.

Go to nav settings >> warnings

There you can set

approach(lot's of barks)

Simple (few barks)

no

This I have tried - I can't much tell the difference between Approach and Simple - I still get a LOT of barks. Usually the popup on the map notes that I am .5 miles away, and it continues barking til i get there. Yes, I'm usually speeding.

I read the other threads, and I see how to change the wav to a different sound, but not how to reduce the number of times the wav is repeated. I'd like to be alerted a half mile away once....and that's it. I also saw the thread about changing to an English voice, but I don't believe that one is totally complete yet. Did I overlook another thread? My apologies if I did.

Hi whoopidoo2,

The dog barking was one of the first things I changed when I bought my unit, it is annoying. There are no options to give you just one warning, only the option to change the distance to the camera before being warned.

approach(lot's of barks) - Obviously tells you your approaching a camera, speeding or not.

Simple (few barks) - Sounds only when over the speed limit when approaching a camera.

Your best options are to either turn the alert off or change the !alert5.wav file to something you like. I've changed mine to a 'Radar Ping' sound which is pleasing on the ear.

If you choose to change the sound file remember to keep it short, I found a longer sound file overlaps, i.e starts playing again before it has stopped playing, all you get it a scrambled mess, a one second sound clip should be ok.

Thanks folks, much appreciated. I'll make 100% sure I am on the Simple option.

By the way, if I slow down (unlikely) :D will this cause it to stop?

And Peterm69, do you mind sharing your Radar Ping file? I played around with some of the others I saw linked from here, and they seemed equally annoying so I never changed it. Would love to try one easier on the ears.

And Peterm69, do you mind sharing your Radar Ping file? I played around with some of the others I saw linked from here, and they seemed equally annoying so I never changed it. Would love to try one easier on the ears.

I can't attach .wav files so pm me your email and I'll send it to you.