AVIC411.com

need help bypassing parking brake.......

I installed my 900bt on 2/8/09

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer (if that makes any difference?)

i need help on bypassing the parking brake!

i wanna be able to watch dvd's/ipod videos/ and everything else while my suv is in motion!

i tried bypassing it by moving the mute wired to the 4th slot between the two black wires. and then grounding it with the parking brake wire. and was UNsuccessfull.

the unit will not let me watch any videos/let me access anything with the phone/navi settings/ settings in general.

i would love to hear what anyone thinks i should do or try!

should i wire everything back to specs? should i try a hack? if so....how should everything be wired?

Seriously, You DID! 8)

If you go back, you'll find a) you're ground is not ground B) ground is good, insulation was not pierced c) pin inserted wrong or popped out. Look at the front end of the white connector. Have a backlight on it. Should be able to see the shadow of the pin showing that it is all the way forward (like the other pins). That's how I found my mistake!

Welcome to the fantastic world of the Avic!

ya no shit. found my mistake. i wish someone would have said that you can ground those two wires with the two other black ground wires haha. that would have made it so much easier! but i got it all figured out now. and the 900bt works amazing

I have to say, it's funny how many folks come around and confidently say " I did the bypass, and I did it right but it doesn't work", and what the regulars around here say is "nope.. it's pretty cut and dry, even if you think you did it right, there's a problem, review everything"

and indeed, the OP missed something.

I'm glad you got it going, and really glad you let us know.