AVIC411.com

dealing with a faulty unit

I bought and AVIC F700BT on 12/9/2009. It hasn't been working right since I purchased it, I have tried troubleshooting the damn thing since I got it and it still doesn't work. The unit keeps resetting itself. I have checked for any shorts, bad grounds, good voltage etc. Everything is wired properly, yet it continues to reboot. Royal pain in the ass. Even after several phone calls with Pioneer tech support I can't fix it. Everything they tell me to fix is fine.

So, I sent it back to Pioneer hoping they could fix it early in January, I got it back I think on 1/22/2009. A few days later I wired it all back up again thinking it would be fixed. No such luck, they only reloaded the software (GRRRR). So I try troubleshooting the thing again, checking all the connections, checking voltage supply etc. Everything is fine wiring wise. So I called up Pioneer again a week and a half ago. They want me to send it in again for repair. I asked them what they will do and the guy cant confirm that they wont just reload the software again.

Every time I send it in it's about $20.00 shipping because of insurance, etc.

I am outside of my 30day return for the dealer I got it from (Authorized Pioneer dealer on Amazon.com). I haven't contacted them to see if I can get a refund (I don't want the unit anymore, I've spent more time on this thing that it's worth). But even if they take it back they state there is a 15% restocking fee. This thing has basically been DOA by not functioning properly from day one. However I am outside of my 30 days by trying to diagnose the problem with Pioneer and having to send it in for repair.

While I wait for a response from my vendor, do you think I'm shit out of luck?

I'm dealing with the same issue. At this point I just want to be done with this thing and switch to something that works as advertised.

I'm not sure what the best way to accomplish that is, but at some point after enough back-and-forth, Pioneer has to acknowledge that something is wrong with their product.