AVIC411.com

F90BT Install in my S10

So I just figured I'd post up a few pics of my weekend project... I love the system in this truck now! It came out awesome!! Even though it was quite the P.I.T.A. running all the wires all over the cab and making the custom mounting brackets as this was not a stock double DIN truck.

I didn't snap any pictures of the modifications you have to make to the dash to get the unit to fit but there is a bracket that sits behind the stock DIN & 1/2 radio that you have to cut out. And you have to trim down the divider between the radio pocket and the main vents, but after all that it fits like a dream with the double DIN bezel from the Xtreme's/Trucks with the RDS radios!

In the back, I've got full Audiobahn bass components. A8002T Amp mounted behind the jumper seat, AW1006 10" sub in a custom box that fits wonderfully under the jumper seat and a 1 Farad CAP. It sounds pretty badass now. I forgot to snap some pics of the back of the truck but I will probably tomorrow.

Here's the pics from the AVIC...

100_2491.jpg

100_2492.jpg

100_2493.jpg

100_2497.jpg

100_2505.jpg

100_2506.jpg

God i miss that truck :cry: Had the 03 Xtreme in red. Nice install, but it looks like there are gaps on the left and right side, is that correct?

Slightly. I'd say less then 1/2" on the left side and less than 1/4" on the right side. The shop I got the unit from said they'd hook me up with a universal trim ring If I wanted. But to be perfectly honest, it doesn't bother me at all, the mounting brackets we made are black so it looks like part of the unit.

We did this same install in my buddy's 99 Blazer and it fits the same way.