AVIC411.com

Ipod Video on 700BT - General Questions

I have been reading many posts about viewing Ipod Video on the 700BT, but I'm still a bit confused on a couple of .

• 1- Can video be played from an Ipod on the 700BT using the stock pioneer Ipod cable or do I need to purchase the Pioneer CDIU230V audio/Video usb cable? (Sorry.. I don't own the 700BT yet so I'm not sure what the stock cable looks like or how it works)

• 2- If have a movie saved on my Ipod (which will be saved with the resolution of the ipod... 320x240) won't this movie have a poor video resolution when played on the 700bt screen (which is 800 x 480)?.

• 3- Perhaps I need to rip my movies to the 800 x 400 resolution when storing them on the ipod in order to get them looking good on the 700BT.. ? If this is true then the movie won't play native on the ipod (wrong resolution). Is there a way to rip movies to the iPod so they can be viewed on the iPod and the 700BT with good resolution?

Hey welcome to the forum!

ok over the past week iv been dealing with alot of the same situation you have so ill try to give you the answer I found out.

1- As much as it would be wicked to just plug your ipod usb adapter then to your ipod, it doesnt work that way you need to get the CDIU230V adapter and plug AUDIO AND VIDEO in the back of the unit, because if you dont youll see the ipod playing on your screen but wont hear anything

2- I put normal movies on my ipod set at 320x240 and it would either shrink it to a smaller size on the screen or play the whole screen but junky quality. So when I converted my mpeg and avi files to ipod I just leave the settings to "video size: keep same as source" it might say something different on the program you use but the program I use is Jodix Free iPod Video Converter and it works great!

3- Depending on where your downloading your movies and what program your using it mght be different but I use Youtube Downloader HD (freeware) to download videos from youtube and when I search for a video on youetube I usually get the High Quality video (HQ) or the High Definition video (HD) which is going to be minimum 480 X 360 and about and that seems to look great on the screen.

Ill still be testing around more and hopefully will do a writeup on the best way and quality to put videos on the ipod and the SD cards