AVIC411.com

Pioneer CD-IU230V vs. Apple Composite AV Cable

Just installed the F700BT in my 07 FJ Cruiser. Very excited to be upgrading from the 06 Camry (E7003) NAVI that I had installed last year. The biggest things for me are the iPod interface, 3D maps, and bluetooth (gotta ditch the JawBone).

Once the install was complete I plugged in my 5th gen iPod Video (all updates current) and it appeared to work for a few minutes then could only hold a temporary connection to the iPod. After resetting the F700BT, un-plugged and re-plugged the ipod & USB wire about 50 times I finally started scouting online for answers.

The fix was to buy the Apple branded Composite AV Cable ($49 at BestBuy, Radio Shack, Apple Store, etc.)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129 ... MjE0NTAzOA

I recommend buying the Apple cable, it's the same price as the Pioneer CD-IU230V, it works, it's "Apple white", and you also get an iPod/iPhone USB AC wall charger included (normally $30 separately).

Found this wonderful idea posted by ZBORNAC on F150online:

"A lot of the cables available, including the Pioneer, have a tendency to randomly loose their connection. Just annoying to have to unplug and replug your ipod. No one has complained about the Apple unit and it comes highly praised by all. Just trying to save you some headache up front."

http://www.f150online.com/forums/multim ... eeded.html

Thanks ZBORNAC, whoever you are!

I googled and used the forum search for "AVIC F700BT iPod USB AV cable"and only found the post mentioned on F150online. I'm still getting used to this forum, and everything has been extremely helpful (i.e. override wiring). I guess I just didn't look in the right places.

Thanks for the info, I'll look more at the FAQ today.

No problem, there's a huge difference between offering information in a valuable post even if it's already been discussed, and ASKING for information that has already been discussed.

I agree, the search feature of this forum software struggles, but hopefully the FAQ can fill in the gaps.