AVIC411.com

Highlight current track?

Yes the track name is listed among 7 or 8 other tracks (remember I'm talking about list mode, not detail mode). The currently playing track is only shown at the top as folder number and file number. I would like to see the current track name also highlighted in the list. This could simply be a different font color, say red. Or different background color. Visually this would be much easier to see what's playing at a glance.

The song shows on 3 screens. If you have the scroll list showing on the left of the screen, the song playing shows at the top by the tracking number, There is also a list mode where only the song playing shows on the left side of the screen. And in Nav mode the song / file name shows in a blue bar across the bottom of the screen.

Another:

Just for clarity I think you mean detail mode when the song is shown individually on the left side. List mode is the scroll list.

I'm specifically referring to the scroll list. When using my SD card I find myself leaving it on the scroll list. At a glance I can see what's next or what other track can be quickly selected. I'd just like the current song to be more visually obvious in the scroll list.

• 1 month later...

Or you could just actually know your music...most people while listening to a song know the name so there isn't really a reason to need to know the current song while trying to pick a new one its not like in order for the song to be good the name needs to be displayed and if you repick the song ur listening too you might want to learn some facts about ur music

Scotty it's people like you that give forums a bad name and cause flame wars. Anonymity doesn't allow you to presume everyone else is ignorant.

But in this case I'll bite. I know my music (or as you say "ur music"). Quiz: You're on track #8 of Chinese Democracy--or any new album--what's the name of the track? Better yet what's the name of track #9? What's the name of song #4 in your playlist named "Best of Weird Al Yankovic Vol 6"?

I'm simply suggesting that in list mode the current track be highlighted in some way. Then at 75mph in heavy traffic a simple glance shows a user exactly what's playing and what's next. A user doesn't have to find it in the list first, whether the title is known or unknown. The same highlighting could be used for any of the list menus.

It's a simple programming item that Pioneer could implement. I understand that we've only hacked the nav side of the AVIC's so far but hopefully that will change in the future.

Ur entitled to ur opinion of course.