AVIC411.com

GMOS-04 Fried.. second one.. third one defective or what?!

i have a 04 GTP COMP G with the D3 pac module and the "great" gmos-04 interface.. the first one i bought last march worked for ten minutes,, everything hooked up correctly the crutch field sent me a new one.. all i did was sent back the interface since the harness' were soldered to my D3's harness' plugged in the second one and everything was A-OK untill monday.. no sound, noo beeps, no nothing take the key out of the car wont shut off.,, lock the car look in the window its still on! so i took it out and put the stocker (monsoon) back in everything works like it should, they sent me a new one (the third one) today replaced everything this time because the orginal metra harness' was loose at alot of points it seemed.. i soldered the new one in exactly the way i did it the first time and when i pluged it in everything works the way it should! right? wrong.. im familiar with alternator whine,, no biggie.. but as soon as i go over 10 mph the speakers sound like they're picking up the VSS pulse the faster i go the faster the pulse. when i roll to a stop it stops.. i can rev the hell out of it in neutral park whatever and i dont pick up the sound untill the MPH increases.. now the volume of the pulse doesnt increase with the radios volume i can turn it up to get past it but yea im confused, do you guys think its my radio or the oh so great interface?

i knoo dude i have a hard time believing too! crutchfield is sending me another one next week(number 4).. the first one lasted ten minutes, senond one almost a year, this new one works fine untill the wheels start moving! i tried those RCA filters did nothing except make everything sound like it was echoing or far away it was weird so that was a waste of money

• 1 month later...

I'm also having a problem with this harness. I just installed the 900bt in my Charger and I'm currently trying to install the 90bt. The moment I connect the Negative to the battery the deck starts powering up regardless of if i have the keys turned on or not. I'm really lost at this point. I've been doing car audio for 4 years now and I have never come across anything like this so don't jump to tell me that my wiring is wrong. I'm pretty much down to the point of declairing my harness being faulty. If anyone else has any input it would be much appreciated.