AVIC411.com

F700 Continuous Reboot after Address Book Transfer

Hello everyone. I just recently installed my F700 into my 89 RX7 convertible. Everything worked, as it should up until I paired my phone with the system. The paring went fine and I was able to se the signal strength and battery status fine.

The problem came when I was transferring the phone book. The transfer was in progress and the Ipod was playing. During the transfer the audio just seemed to fizzle. By fizzle I mean it started to break up and the volume slowly dropped to zero after two or three seconds. The screen saying the transfer was in progress and had a "cancel" option stayed and stayed. I ended up canceling the transfer because it seemed it was locked up or something.

From then on the system just continues to reboot. It does not get past the start up screen when it shuts down and tries again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Right now I don't know of anything to try except returning it to Pioneer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

Tough to say what happened. It could be a corrupt phone database file (which you can delete by entering test mode).

If you're not comfortable with that, then send it back to Pioneer. The more units they get back, the more likely they are to admit there are problems, and hopefully work on a solution.

Boy do I feel dumb!

Helpfull hint. Don't let the battery run down to much while you are installing or playing with the F700. This car does not get much use and the battery was low. I put a charger on the car and everything worked great.

Make sure you have good voltage prior to testing the unit.

Bruce