AVIC411.com

F900BT USB and phone questions

SO I ended up replacing my smashed Avic-D2 with AVICF900BT ($850 installed) and since I have new options I have a few questions. Finding out what my current options are will allow me to understand better how I want my 'WHOLE' electronic/communications package completed to bring me and my vehicle into the 21st centry! Hell I'm old @ 45! Electronics have passed me buy and it's time to uprade!!

1) If I get an Iphone (yes there are a few of us that still don't have one) does the Iphone still connect to the F900BT through bluetooth to be used as a phone or is this function hardwired also? (I fully understand AV fuctions are hardwired as that isn't my question I asking about the use of Iphone as a moble phone with the F900BT and NOT using bluetooth to pair them)

2) Simply asked: Can I surf the web using an ITouch/IPhone directly from my display of my F900BT? (While having the Itouch/IPhone completely tucked away.) YES by all means I am talking while I am stopped with the Ebrake on!!! (remember the part that I am old! lol j/k)

3) If I am using any Ipod through the hardwired Ipod AV cable can I also have a second USB storage device ready to choose and useable without changing any wires or plugs, or since using the Ipod also use the USB plug, therefore no other USB device can be used? (I saw in the owners manual a USB hub is not supported) (also I am not asking about using the SD card) Can I hook up nad use an Itouch/Iphone AND a USD device?

4) This brings up another question. What Itouch/Iphone applications can I use from the the F900BT display besides listening to music, watching a movie, having a phone call? Are any of the 15,000 Itouch applications able to be used directly from the F900BT display?

I am in the market for both a new phone AND a new a (AV) storage device and I need some info to narrow my options and the ideas I have for my truck.

TIA!

i just purchased a 900bt and also purchased the ipod cable.

i have an itouch. NOT and iphone. however, the only things i can do on my 900bt through the itouch is, play music, and videos i have saved on my itouch. you can not play you might have on your itouch or anything like that. you have full controll of your itouch through your 900bt. but only your songs and videos. you can NOT browse the internet....on your 900bt through your itouch.....or your iphone.

a simple answer to number 4 is NO

a simple answer to number 3 is NO im pretty sure the usb HAS to be connected to the usb out of the 900bt while it is connected to the itouch (or whichever ipod you have)

a simple answer to number 2 is NO

and for number one......you have to use bluetooth