AVIC411.com

itouch and no sound

A: Did it ever work?

B: Are you using an ipod cable to the AVIC that has both USB and RCA connections?

C: Did you hook up the RCA jacks *and* the USB on the cable?

D: Did you change the AV1 input to say ipod?

A. Never worked, just tryed today for first time

B. I have the white ipod cable connected to the black one connected at the end of the unit

C. What rca jacks,

D. I did change the input.

I'm getting a felling that i needed to connect something else...shizza, where is that rca jack your talking about, do i need to buy one myself

there is your problem, the avic f's dont just use the usb cable, pioneer and apple both make a special cable that has usb, audio, and video on one end and a 30 pin dock connector on the other, the avic's use the usb to controll the ipod and use the av plugs to deliver the sound and video

there is your problem, the avic f's dont just use the usb cable, pioneer and apple both make a special cable that has usb, audio, and video on one end and a 30 pin dock connector on the other, the avic's use the usb to controll the ipod and use the av plugs to deliver the sound and video

thanks for your help guys!, greatly appreciated!

I just did a hardware bypass. Prior to the bypass, both of my ipods worked like a charm, including video on the ipod (with the parking brake on). Now, I'm getting the same symptoms the original poster of this thread was getting. No sound from either ipod. I do have the right cable. I too am getting all the info about the song. I see the song playing and time ticking but no sound. Videos don't seem to be playing either, just a black screen (parking brake on or off).

The sound works for AM/FM and DVD. DVD is working while moving so the bypass worked. The Ipod icon shows up when hooked up. Just no darn sound.

I had this professionally installed and both the USB and RCA are connected and electrical taped up.

I did try the reset.

Could this have anything to do with moving the mute wire from the hardware bypass. I didn't touch any other wires but move the mute wire and ground it as well as ground the parking brake wire.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alright, I sorted it out. I think it's cuz my ipod was playing music and connected while I was resetting and changing the AV1 input. I disconnected it, hit reset, let the AVIC do its thing, changed the input to IPOD then connected and it all worked out. I wish I would have tried that first instead of tearing it apart and checking the RCA's lol.