AVIC411.com

New Owner - Quick Question

Just installed a F700bt in my 2003 Jetta GLI this weekend.

I haven't been having a lot of the problems everyone has spoken of:

iPhone integration is fine (except for the last name first, first name last fiasco), Bluetooth is fine, unit is responsive, has the 2.0 upgrade, hardware bypass works like a charm, etc.

But I am curious to the overall contrast or black level of the display. I haven't actually seen anyone else with one of these and the Pioneer photos, of course, look glorious :roll:

It just seems that everything is very bright, nearly to the point of washing out -- especially the map's neutral colors. And the blacks everywhere else are not that dark. Is this normal? Can I fix this? Decreasing the "Brightness" setting just seems to muddy everything darker, no more contrast.

Thanks! And thanks to everyone's posts that helped me to install this thing correctly!!

Yea, I just bought it -- last week.

I'll get some pics during my lunch break.

It almost resembles older LCD displays with the brightness cranked waaay up, almost. Not nearly as crisp as anything on my desks or my phone (although, honestly, I did not expect it to be).